In honor of National French Toast Day, we’ve put together a healthy version of this brunch favorite!
- 4 slices of sprouted grain bread
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup milk (coconut, almond, dairy, your choice)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Toppings of your choice-more almond butter, fruit, or Greek yogurt.
- Make two almond butter and banana sandwiches from the 4 slices of bread. Whisk together milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Soak sandwiches in the milk mixture, about 10 seconds for each side.
- Pre-heat skillet over medium-high heat, coat with coconut oil. Place sandwich in pan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with your favorite fruit, more almond butter, or Greek yogurt.